Robin P. Williams
Federal Project Coordinator
Robin Williams has been employed at Virginia Tech for 20 plus years, and served in her previous position as a financial manager for almost seven years. Her accomplishments include:
- Receptionist and fiscal technician, Department of Crop and Soil Environmental Sciences, 1988-1995.
- Fiscal technician, AHNR-Information Technology, 1999-2005.
- Financial manager, Department of Entomology, 2005-2011.
Williams is the federal projects manager for the Virginia Agriculture Experiment Station (VAES). She has been in this position since January 2012.
She provides oversight to the development, submission, and reporting of federal formula-fund projects. Her responsibilities include:
- Identifying Hatch, or other formula-fund projects, in need of initiation or replacement, and is the primary contact for these projects,
- Communicating with faculty and unit leaders on projects,
- Assisting faculty with preparation of REEport forms,
- Receiving, reviewing, and completing annual progress and final reports,
- Preparing Appendix E forms,
- Supporting faculty on how to join a multistate project; identifying appropriate projects related to faculty research; and assisting with completion of forms required to establish a project.
- Coordinating with other administrative units to manage Hatch, Multistate, McIntire-Stennis, Animal Health and Disease, and State projects.
- Maintaining proposal logs during the review and submission process, and reviewing logs for civil rights compliance, and
- Collecting and submitting documentation on plant variety releases.
- (540) 231-6336
104B Hutcheson Hall, Virginia Tech
250 Drillfield Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061